TOKYO - Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., (Nikon Vision), a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation (Nikon), is pleased to announce the release of the COOLSHOT PROII STABILIZED Laser Rangefinder for golfers. This is a new, further improved model of the COOLSHOT PRO STABILIZED, and is the top-of-the-line model in the COOLSHOT series.
The COOLSHOT PROII STABILIZED inherits the STABILIZED function employed in the COOLSHOT PRO STABILIZED, which received overwhelmingly high evaluation from users. Also, Dual LOCKED ON ECHO Technology, which is a further evolved LOCKED ON technology, is employed.
Dual LOCKED ON ECHO is a new function that informs you that the distance to the flagstick has been measured, providing clear notification with visual and aural confirmation. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a green LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder and simultaneous electronic sound. For example, on a golf course, clear visual and aural confirmation informs you that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
The COOLSHOT PROII STABILIZED employs four measurement display modes including an actual distance mode that allows golfers to use this product at official golf competitions and a golf mode that displays a guide distance to how far you should hit the ball. These modes can be switched with a single press of the MODE button. Nikon's COOLSHOT PROII STABILIZED removes uncertainty about distances during practice and competitions, providing more time for golfers to make strategic decisions on the course and letting players fully focus on each shot.
*Before using a COOLSHOT in an official competition, make sure to check the local rules in advance.
COOLSHOT PROII STABILIZED
- Measurement range: 7.5-1,090m/8-1,200 yd.
- STABILIZED function is employed for facilitating measurement to a distant flagstick while reducing the vibration caused by hand movement.
- The effect of Vibration Reduction: Vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement (sinusoidal waves) are reduced to 1/5 or less*1.
- *1Based on Nikon's measurement standards.
- Red internal OLED display enables easier viewing in any situation. Automatic brightness adjustment function finetunes the display brightness according to the surrounding ambient light level.
- Dual LOCKED ON ECHO Technology*2: LOCKED ON sign is lit in green with electronic sound to inform you that the distance to the flagstick has been measured.
- When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a green LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder and simultaneous electronic sound. For example, on a golf course, clear visual and aural confirmation informs you that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background. The electronic sound notification can be set to off.
- *2Single measurement: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign appears with electronic sound.
- Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign appears with electronic sound.
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ
- Displays the measurement result in approx. 0.3 seconds.
- Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course — ID (incline/decline) Technology
- Four measurement display modes are employed and the modes can be easily switched.
- - Golf mode (Slope adjusted distance and actual distance mode)
- - Actual distance mode
- - Actual distance and height mode
- - Horizontal distance and height mode
- Actual Distance Indicator is employed to indicate that the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) is not being utilised.
- When using actual distance mode, the indicator blinks in green while power is on. Non-use of the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) can be confirmed by observers easily.
- First Target Priority mode is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Wide field of view (7.5 degrees)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Waterproof and fogproof
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F
- Measurement range (actual distance) 7.5-1,090m/8-1,200 yd.
- Distance display (increment) Actual distance (upper): Every 1m/yd.
- Actual distance (lower): Every 0.5m/yd.
- Horizontal distance/Slope adjusted distance (lower): Every 0.2m/yd.
- Height (upper):
- Every 0.2m/yd. (shorter than 100m/yd.)
- Every 1m/yd. (100m/yd. and over)
- Accuracy* (actual distance) ±0.75m/yd. (shorter than 700m/yd.)
- ±1.25m/yd. (700m/yd. and over, shorter than 1,000m/yd.)
- ±1.75m/yd. (1,000m/yd. and over)
- Magnification (x) 6
- Effective objective diameter (mm) 21
- Actual field of view (°) 7.5
- Exit pupil (mm) 3.5
- Eye relief (mm) 18.0
- Dimensions (L x H x W) (mm/in.) 100 x 75 x 42/3.9 x 3.0 x 1.7
- Weight (excluding battery) (g/oz.) Approx. 180/6.3
- Power source CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V)
- Auto power shut-off (after approx. 8 sec. unoperated)
- Waterproof structure Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes), fogproof
- Battery chamber is rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under Nikon's testing conditions)
- Laser classification IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10: Class I Laser Product
- Electromagnetic compatibility FCC Part15 SubPartB class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI classB, CU TR 020, ICES-003
- Environment RoHS, WEEE
*Under Nikon's measurement conditions.
The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
For more information
Products & Solutions—Imaging Products
Every effort has been made to ensure specifications and claims are accurate, but they may be subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.