TOKYO - Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., (Nikon Vision), a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation (Nikon), is pleased to announce the release of the Laser Rangefinder COOLSHOT LITE STABILIZED for golfers, that is easy for anyone to use.
Inheriting the STABILIZED function incorporated in the highly acclaimed COOLSHOT PRO STABILIZED, the COOLSHOT LITE STABILIZED provides easy measurement of the distance to a flagstick. In addition, a LOCKED ON function is employed so that when measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
The COOLSHOT LITE STABILIZED features simple and easy operability. It employs two measurement display modes: a golf mode (slope adjusted distance and actual distance) and an actual distance mode. Switching modes is simple, with a single press of a button. When using actual distance mode, the LED of the Actual Distance Indicator sign blinks in green to inform observers of non-use of the Incline/Decline measurement function. It is highly convenient that you can use this product for practice with the golf mode and for official golf competitions using actual distance mode.
*Before using a COOLSHOT in an official competition, make sure to check the local rules in advance.
COOLSHOT LITE STABILIZED
- Measurement range: 7.5-1,090m/8-1,200 yd.
- STABILIZED function is employed for facilitating measurement to a distant flagstick while reducing the vibration caused by hand movement.
- The effect of Vibration Reduction: Vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement (sinusoidal waves) are reduced to 1/5 or less*1.
- *1Based on Nikon's measurement standards.
- LOCKED ON Technology*2: LOCKED ON sign informs you of the distance to the closest subject.
- When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
- *2Single measurement: When measuring overlapping subjects and the distance to the closest subject is displayed, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
- Continuous measurement: When displayed figures shift to a closer subject, the LOCKED ON sign appears.
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ
- Displays the measurement result in approx. 0.3 seconds
- Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course — ID (incline/decline) Technology
- Two measurement display modes: Actual distance mode and Golf mode (slope adjusted distance and actual distance mode) are employed. Switching between the two modes can be achieved easily with a single press of the button. Actual distance mode can be used for official golf competitions, and Golf mode displays a guide distance of how far to hit the ball.
- Actual Distance Indicator is employed to indicate that the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) is not being utilised.
- When using actual distance mode, the indicator blinks in green while power is on. Non-use of the Incline/Decline measurement function (ID Technology) can be confirmed by observers easily.
- First Target Priority mode is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Wide field of view (7.5 degrees)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under Nikon's testing conditions)
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F
- Measurement range (actual distance) 7.5-1,090m/8-1,200 yd.
- Distance display (increment) Actual distance (upper):
- Every 1m/yd.
- Actual distance (lower):
- Every 0.5m/yd.
- Slope adjusted distance (lower):
- Every 0.2m/yd.
- Accuracy (actual distance)* ±0.75m/yd. (shorter than 700m/yd.)
- ±1.25m/yd. (700m/yd. and over, shorter than 1,000m/yd.)
- ±1.75m/yd. (1,000m/yd. and over)
- Magnification (x) 6
- Effective objective diameter (mm) 21
- Actual field of view (°) 7.5
- Exit pupil (mm) 3.5
- Eye relief (mm) 18.0
- Dimensions (L x H x W) (mm/in.) 96 x 74 x 41/3.8 x 2.9 x 1.6
- Weight (excluding battery) (Approx.) (g/oz.) 170/6.0
- Power source CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V)
- Automatic power shut-off (after approx. 8 sec. unoperated)
- Waterproof structure Rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under Nikon's testing conditions)
- Laser classification IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product
- FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10: Class I Laser Product
- Electromagnetic compatibility FCC Part15 SubPartB class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI classB, CU TR 020, ICES-003
- Environment RoHS, WEEE
*Under Nikon's measurement conditions.
The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
For more information
Products & Solutions—Imaging Products
Every effort has been made to ensure specifications and claims are accurate, but they may be subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.