At Golf Warehouse we live and breathe golf, and we're all about enabling others to do the same. We put in maximum effort at work and at play - in the office and out on the course.
Golf Warehouse is a leader in the golf retail industry throughout NZ. We sell premium golf equipment for all abilities and have 10 Stores (3 Driving Ranges and 7 Retail outlets) across NZ.
We're Currently Recruiting for Golf Warehouse Wellington
Starting July 2020
Golf Warehouse Lower Hutt is a busy golf retail store and also has a 22 Bay Driving Range, 9 hole Golf Course, 9 hole Foot Golf Course and 18 hole Mini-Golf. We are also a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay motivated, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are constantly working toward being pioneers in our industry and being the most successful golf retail company in NZ. We want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
JOB OVERVIEW - TRAINEE MANAGER
A Trainee Manager is one of many important faces of our business, you will be responsible for making a great impression with our customers and be able to directly answer any questions they have. You will also be able to communicate to them the products and services that we offer and drive sales through your willingness to talk about in-store promotions and the latest technologies from the industry's leading golf brands we stock like TaylorMade, Callaway, XXIO, Srixon, GWX, Odyssey, Cleveland, Adidas , Skechers etc. A Trainee Manager will be given the chance to learn the skills required to run one of our successful stores (or future stores).
This Trainee Manager position is Full Time (44 hours, 5 days per week). A salary will be paid between $42,500 -$60,000. This is dependent on the skills and experience you bring with you.
Must be able to work 5 days per week including weekends. The actual roster schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide world class customer service by smiling and greeting all customers
- Learn about new product and performance characteristics to a strong level of detail.
- Assist with day to day operations of the store including ordering and returning any faulty equipment, re-stocking club and golf ball inventories, systems maintenance, product fitting, basic golf club repair and other duties as needed.
- Providing telephone and email support by receiving calls as well as placing follow up calls/emails to various customers.
- Ensuring that the Driving Range, Fitting Bay(s) and Mini Golf are set up daily and presented well for customer use
- Set up Launch Monitor and TopTracer screens
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate relevant technical ideas and facts to our customers. Must present information in a manner consistent with Golf Warehouse standards.
- Demonstrate strong organisation, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and problem solving skills
- Must possess good computer skills and preferably have some previous POS use/knowledge.
- Ability to perform basic calculations, perform money handling operations, measurements and understanding percentages
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following existing Golf Warehouse policies and procedures
- Able to lift up to 10-20kg
- Ability to work varied hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to interpret launch monitor data and combine that data with observed golf swings to determine an optimum club specification for a consumer. Training will be offered in this area.
- Must be aware of and be able to fully present the equipment options available in-store
- Have knowledge of stocked brands and competitive golf products and how they compare to one another.
- Preferably be a golfer, in order to support your credibility from the customers’ viewpoint.
- Must be highly reliable in attendance. Work environment requires punctuality and attendance that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Must be capable of learning to operate launch monitor systems for measuring golf ball flight such as Foresight and TopTracer machines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in either a retail or golf operation including interaction with customers preferred
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Previous golf retail experience preferred or possess a golfing knowledge through playing golf.
- You will be joining a supportive and experienced team with a large existing customer base and high foot traffic volumes.
- Great salary
- Possibility of a product allowance
- Opportunities for growth and career progression within the company around NZ
We welcome your interest and invite you to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Let us know why you think you’d be perfect for the job.